Saturday, May 3, 2008

For Tiffany

Thank you to Tiffany for remembering the one-month anniversary of our last post. In honor of this special occasion, we shall blog. Here is a picture of James at 4 weeks sporting the adorable outfit his Aunt Tiffany bought for him.


The following pictures document James doing what he does best: being cute. :)




You may have noticed that James is wearing a bib in all three of the above shots. This came as a result of Jordan's brilliant mind. During the first week or two of James' life, I noticed a pattern:

Feed the baby James. Move burp cloth from under baby James' head to put on shoulder. Spit up lands on Mommy and/or baby James' clean clothes. Burp cloth remains dry on Mommy's shoulder. Mommy moves baby to shoulder for burping. Baby James burps and spits up. Mommy moves baby James from shoulder to look in awe at the adorableness of baby James. Baby James spits up. Spit up lands on Mommy and/or baby James. Burp cloth did not quite make it, yet again. Mommy must change baby James' outfit again due to spit up explosion.

As I was talking to Jordan one day about my findings, Jordan had a thought...a very simple yet awe-inspiring thought...the baby James could wear a bib during feeding time. This proved to be the answer. Mommy and baby James now very rarely get spit up on their clothes. The burp cloth and bib make a great team. Thank you Jordan!

11 comments:

Tiffany said...

It's too bad that we didn't think of that solution for Nicholas when he was a baby. He would have appreciated dry clothes.
Thanks for the post!

Bruce and Liss said...

Tash! James is SO cute! OR...should I say...what a HANDSOME dude! And you make one cute mama too!!! Hope things are going well! Love ya, Liss

Jessica said...

Wow, he's getting so big! I guess that's what babies do, huh? Thanks for the new post!

Michele said...

Thank you Thank you, I have been on the lookout for new pictures. He is so dang cute!! Let me know when I can come and hold him.
Michele Lewis

Alicia said...

Bibs also come in very handy when your baby turns into a living drool faucet (you've got about another month, if James goes on Nathan's schedule!). I see James has little mittens on! Is he a self-scratcher? He is SOOO cute.

Scott said...

Way to get back to your blogging. He is a good looking man-child.

Julie said...

Look how cute he is! Good thinking about the bib... I'll have to remember that!! You look great Tash! xoxo

Rebecca said...

Hey Natasha,

Emily told me that Hillcrest field day is Wed. May 28. I was thinking of taking Brooke over to see the kids and teachers. Do you want to meet up there? I would love to see you and James (and I'm sure everyone else would too!).

Haylee said...

Love the bib idea!! Good thinking! James is so cute!! I think you should be required to post a new picture everyday, so we can see these cute pics! And, so you know you are only like 13 days from your next month anniversary of not posting so you better get on it!!

Brad and Britt said...

oh my gosh! he is getting cuter and cuter by the day! holy! You need to stop because I am truly getting baby hungry now---as if I wasn't already baby hungry enough! I want to come down and see you guys!

Lauren Maley said...

I can't believe you have a baby!! I found your blog through Britts and I can honestly hardly believe it! congratulations to both of you, he is one lucky young man to have such amazing parents!!