Saturday, August 21, 2010

Kate: 3 Months...and 4 Months

3 Months



James enjoys the various opportunities which come as a result of being a big brother like holding his little sister.

He is rather proud to be Kate's big brother.

He's always looking out for her/keeping her from falling over.

4 Months




My oh-so-talented friend Amanda made this adorable skirt for Kate. She also made her another one that I will post a picture of soon. I love them both. She makes cute stuff. She was rather concerned after I posted that Kate would be wearing James' clothes and a headband (to set her off as a girl), so she made her some skirts that I could use with white onesies. :) Love it.

As I've mentioned before...James just loves his sister. And she is rather fond of him as well.


The bunny we use to gauge Kate's growth every month is the same one we used for James (so we can also compare kid-to-kid). The only problem is that the bunny is James' bunny. The bunny that he sleeps with. The bunny that he is rather attached to. (Alli, you may recognize this as the bunny you gave him when you visited us at the hospital when he was born--he loves it.) You can clearly see his love for his bunny in this picture.







Lots of pictures for the 4 month photo shoot. She's just too cute!

Stats for her 4 Month well check up:
Height: 24.5 inches
(I think 30th percentile)
Weight: 12.6 lbs. (16th percentile)

James was a rather lean baby, so when we saw some rolls on Kate we thought we were going to have a little chunk on our hands. I was rather surprised to learn that she was in the 16th percentile for weight. I guess it's all relative to what you are used to. Now that I look at her I realize she really doesn't have much chunk, just a couple baby rolls. I sure love those rolls.

Kate is a sweetheart. She is a very happy little girl who loves to cuddle. She began rolling from back to front on July 5 (her Uncle Scott's birthday). For a month this drove her crazy. She was honestly a compulsive roller. She would roll onto her belly and yell to be relieved by being rolled back to her back. I'd roll her over and she'd immediately roll back onto her tummy and yell for relief. Rather amusing...until naptime. Thankfully this isn't an issue anymore. :) We love having this sweet girl around!

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Awww, she is so cute! I'm so glad the skirt fits! Glad I could help a girlfriend out...Kate just remember I have your back if your mama wants to put you in boy clothes, give me a holler :) Both of your kids are so adorable! I can't believe how big they're getting!

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness, she's irresistible! I could just eat her up! That outfit is adorable. And I was so excited to see her wearing the onsie we made! May it grace all the Cullimore children. ;)

Michele said...

Wow James has gotten so big...looks so grown up sitting next to Kate, who by the way is a total doll.

Brittney and Scott said...

What a little sweetheart. That's cute that James is so good with her.

Beth said...

I've died and gone to heaven, she is so adorable in all her girlie stuff :)

Kate said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love all of the pictures! So darling!!!

Katie Hagen said...

haha...i thought the other baby in your previous post was kate and i was about to comment how shocked i was by all her dark hair!
the real kate looks more like a cullimore. :) she is soooo beautiful!!!
it was so fun chatting today, can't wait to get together during the holidays!

Brad and Britt said...

I want to eat her up! What a stinking cute little thing! I agree with Katie...we HAVE to get together over the holidays...this time if it is at Katie's, I will have to be better at actually finding her house!! Sorry Katie!