Sunday, September 12, 2010

Toddler Talk

Mommy: James, what do you do on the potty?

James: I close my eyes and breathe in its fat, red smell; I wish that I could eat it now and never, never tell.


This is one funny boy! His comment was a direct quote from the book "First Tomato Soup" by Rosemary Wells (the "fat, red smell" he refers to is referring to a tomato in the book). He has had a knack for memorizing books verbatim since before he was 18 months old, but I'm pretty sure this is the first time he's used a book quote to answer a question from me. I have no idea why he chose this moment to do it, but it definitely gave me a good laugh. I love this little boy.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow, that's hilarious/amazing! I think you've got a brilliant little prodigy on your hands!

wuxiheather said...

He is adorable, and look at all those teeth! He is a smartie! Wow!

WhitJ said...

Ok, I am glad for your explanation to his comment, I was just a little concerned. He is so smart!

Bruce and Liss said...

HILARIOUS! What a funny little boy! And a smarty pants too!
Thanks for a good laugh!

Megan G said...

That totally cracks me up! Now I have to check out that book for my boy :)