Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Adventures of James Jordan Cullimore


Here are some photos of James over the last couple of months. His imagination has really taken off as of late. It's fun to hear his stories and see what he comes up with while he's playing. He sees monsters EVERYWHERE! What is it about monsters? How does he really even know what a monster is and why aren't they something he wants to play with? We always try to tell him, "Oh, that one is a nice monster" and he always responds, "No, it's a bad one."

Without further ado, the recent adventures of James Jordan Cullimore:

Umbrellas are fun...especially inside the house.

Fashion Tip from James:
If your child has grown out of a pair of shorts or capri pants, turn them into a fashionable hat. In this picture, James is modeling a pair of Kate's capri pants.

Spiderman.

Yummy green smoothie.
We love putting spinach in our smoothies. This one was especially sticky since we also added some oats.

The post-bath mummy wrap is always a relaxing way to begin the day.

Frosty the Snowman.

James the Builder: Project Snowman.

James the Builder: Project Snow Fortress.

This cowboy has traded his cow in for a horse. He's a horseboy now!

Santa goes fishing with his grandpa and uncle.

Going for a ride on his trusty Protoceratops.

Smashed faces are funny.
This is a favorite sibling activity.

Sporting Kate's size 4's (her future shoes).
James always wants to try Kate's clothes on...her hats, her shoes, her shirts...I suppose the grass always seems greener on the other side. Other people's stuff just seems so neat.

He said they didn't hurt, but he didn't wear them for too long. Once they were removed, he had nice heart imprints on the tops of his feet.

James Jordan Cullimore, Play-dough Artist
Call today to order your handmade work of art.
806-BEST-ART

The native.
Yes, those are underwear on his head. He's rather creative. He is still in the midst of an "underwear hat" stage. I think this was his best execution though. Perfect underwear placement and he couldn't have picked a better activity. And yes, after taking the picture we noticed someone was having a bit too much fun on the drum and needed an intermission to take care of a personal matter.

This was a family home evening adventure: the words of the prophets protect our spirits like shoes, gloves, coats, hats, and umbrellas protect our bodies.

James the baseball player.
He loves baseball and BYU. We recently received a package from the BYU Bookstore. James read his first word (or...acronym): "That's from BYU." It was a proud moment.

I am ever impressed by James' creativity. Jordan and I were in the kitchen when we heard, "I'm skiing." He fashioned skis out of the golf clubs that "someone" broke (as he tells us) and used his unbroken golf clubs as poles. Love it (not the broken golf clubs, but the creativity). :)

6 comments:

Brittney and Scott said...

You have such a cute little boy. I wonder where he got his imagination from? He seems like a Natasha junior.

Jessica said...

LOL, I'm not sure which one I like more--spiderman, or underwear head. Such a fashion icon.

Justin...&...Andrea said...

I cannot believe how big he is!!! What a little stud. I would love to get together with you guys when you move back. : ) I do my picture collages with google's picassa...it's free and really easy! : )

Bruce and Liss said...

What a funny little boy!
These pictures are you cute..and
this post is so well put together!
Very clever.
Are you guys done this year??

Amanda said...

Awww, I love hearing about his adventures! He's so funny! What is it about kids at this age and monsters? Grace too! Silly kids, but it's nice to see their imaginations at work! I wish we lived closer to you guys!

Tiffany said...

Cute James!
You know, Jordan, it looks like it's time to confess about those golf clubs, because "someone" (your son) should not have to take the blame for your anger management issues.