Sunday, April 3, 2011
This Will Be a LONG Night...
...at least I have a feeling this will be a long night. James has been able to get into his crib on his own for a while now. By nature he is a fairly cautious boy, so until tonight (age 3), he has never tried to get out of his crib on his own. For sometime now he has enjoyed using his crib rail as a motorcycle, so I knew it was only a matter of time. The time has come. He has climbed out of his crib 5...make that...6 times in the last 30 minutes. Jordan thinks he has nipped it in the bud, but I would surely appreciate some ideas just in case. We have a toddler bed all set up in his room. So any ideas about how to inspire the desire to stay in bed?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
My sister had this same problem with her little girl. She got one of those crib tents, and it worked great. After a few days of being really mad about being zipped into it, she actually loved zipping it up herself! She could never get out and it solved the problem. GOOD LUCK! I hope you figure something out, nothing worse than sleeping troubles!
Ah man, I'd say move him to the toddler bed, then just lock the door and make sure there's nothing he can get into in the room; but I guess that's not going to work real well with Kate in there too, huh? Good luck!
Oh boy!!!! That's the worst. I'm guessing this was last night?--so How did your night go?
Really...what I have done is lay by my kids when we move them into a toddler bed. I know it's kind of a "pain"(literally laying on the floor isn't that comfortable:))
And it takes extra time--but that's what my parents did and that's what we've done. Both tranistions for our kids have gone rather smooth!
At first we lay by them until they are all the way asleep....and then go to laying by them for just a few minutes. (We let then choose the number of minutes to give them control---or at least to let them think they are in control...)
You know what?--if you want our detailed approach call me!
It's kind of long and a weird comment to leave on a blog!
None the less--I think you're GREAT and I hope you got/get some sleep.
Love, Liss
They are getting so big!!
Post a Comment