Saturday, August 23, 2008

Any Suggestions for Our Little Olympian?






So, James has started using his crib like a gymnasium. He grabs a slat and pulls while pushing against some slats with his feet, which results in a back to tummy roll. The only problem with this feat is that he can't get out of this position, which scares him, so he cries. He usually does it at the end of naps, but last night he did it in the middle of the night. Is there some way to keep him from doing this...from getting stuck? I've tried bumpers. I experimented two days ago and it seemed that he might not be able to grab the slats if there were bumpers, so I put them on. But then last night he rolled and got stuck and his face was up against the bumpers, so I am afraid he could suffocate. So, no more bumpers. Has anyone ever run into this with their babies? Any suggestions? Please post a comment.

6 comments:

Haylee said...

No suggestions--just wishing you good luck figuring it out!! If I think of anything brilliant, I will let you know!! Love ya!

Tiffany said...

Mine did that for a short time, but grew out of it quickly. He'll soon figure out how to roll back over.

Michele said...

no suggestions but he sure is getting big and more handsome everyday

Beth said...

Maybe try tying something around the crib on the outside, like a towel that way he can't get his legs through, but he won't suffocate on the material... I don't know just a suggestion, Christian never did that :( Oh babies, they always keep us on our toes! Good luck :)

The V-Rod's said...

He is so cute! He is getting big! Love ya. Kat

Janelle said...

Brody did that for a week or two and then got over it once he could roll the other way.