I'm sorry we have been lacking in the posting arena. I was so proud of myself when I did those three posts in a row. I thought I was surely getting into the blogging groove and would be a faithful blogger from then on. Not to worry though, I have made a goal to do at least one post a week. Hopefully by publicly sharing my goal I will be more inclined to follow through.
All is well in the "Giant Side of Texas." I find myself occasionally producing a slight drawl as I speak when talking to someone with a Texan accent. We are assimilating well. Before we moved, we regularly heard from those who had visited Lubbock that the people are soooo nice. It is so very very true. Here are a couple of examples of Lubbockan kindness:
Exhibit A: James and I were out on a walk the other day (I was carrying him) and a man in a truck stopped and asked if we were going very far. He was of course alluding to his being able to give us a ride if needed.
Exhibit B: Jordan, James, and I were on a walk and a teenager riding along on his skateboard looked up as we passed and said "How're ya'll?" I responded and then asked "How are you?" Then he responded. I don't know that I've ever seen that happen before.
Exhibit C: Without fail as we are out on walks people we don't know wave and greet us...even when they are driving in their cars with their windows rolled up. Cars have always seemed to be some sort of bubble that the outside world can't penetrate. But not in Lubbock.
Exhibit D: Our first Sunday here a woman in our ward wrote down her phone number and told us to call if we needed help in any way: babysitters, mechanics, etc.
Exhibit E: Our first week here a couple in our ward had us over for dinner.
These last two instances lead me to my next item. I am so very grateful for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Since moving, we have seen the beauty of the organization of the Church. On our way to Texas, we called the nephew of the couple who bought our condo who happened to be a Texas Tech law student. We told him which ward we would be in when we got there. He then found our bishop's phone number for us. We called our bishop who called the Elder's Quorum President who got some people together to help us move in the next day. It was so neat. We were coming to a city that we had never before been and where we knew no one, but there to greet and help us when we arrived at our new apartment were members of our ward. It was a wonderful blessing. I am grateful that we have family wherever we go.
I must go make dinner. Soon to come: Pictures and events of the past 2 1/2 months.
9 comments:
Yeah you finally updated. I am so sorry that I didnt get to say good bye, I think I did get a good bye wave in while you were driving by right before you moved. Please Please post pictures of James. Glad to hear that everything is going good for you guys.
Yay, I was just thinking of you guys yesterday! I'm glad you got to your new place safely. It sounds like you've already carved out some home for yourselves. 3 cheers for nice folks!
Tash! I am a terrible friend! i didn't even know that you were moving! I am glad that the move went well, and that the people are taking care of you!! I will look forward to seeing the pictures!
Why did you move tash?!?! What exciting takes you all the way to Texas?!?! I was shocked when I went running a few weeks ago by my house that only 1 person i ran past on an hour long run waved back when I waved at them. I had to have waved at least 30 times. ANNOYING! I am glad people are nice!
You moved??? Wozers, ya'll! I love the picture of James at the top. What a handsome boy! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your adventures!
Love, Mrs. Bachmann
Huzzah for an update! I'm so glad to hear that everything is going well in TX for y'all. Everyone sounds so nice! I'm eagerly awaiting pics!
I am so glad to hear that you guys made it out there safely! It sounds like you guys found the PERFECT place to go to GRAD SCHOOL! I am shocked that everyone out there is soo nice, but you two are probably the 2 niceste people that I have ever met, so it makes sense that you move to one of the nicest places in the USA....probably one of the the most confusing sentences I have ever written too. Ok! Well, I miss you guys already, so hurry up and get school over with so you can come back!
So glad you are in a good place, but I have to say that I miss you terribly! And am so sad we were out of town when you moved, never really got to say goodbye. Thank goodness for blogging and phones! Sleep training is soooo fun, call me if you need help or just a distraction :) Talk to you soon.
Natasha! How are you? I found you on Haylees blog. Add us! . . . if you haven't completely forgotten about me! danalexskelton.blogspot.com
Looks like you are well! Alex
Post a Comment