Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Pregnancy Progression: Week 39


Well...well...well...so much for subsequent babies coming early. Baby Sister is still in utero. Tomorrow is her official due date. She seems quite happy to stay put for now. I was "checked" today and the doctor reported that there is little progress. I am dilated to about a 1 and she didn't even mention effacement. I'm not surprised myself. I didn't feel a thing with James until the minute labor began and he was born 18 hours later. So, that may just be the way my body does it...nothing and then everything all at once. As far as I'm concerned she could still come tonight, but she could also come in two weeks. I have no expectations. I suppose I may still have time to finish the three swaddle blankets I have left to do.

My doctor is actually out of town this week, so it's probably for the best that she waits until next week to come. James turns 2 on Wednesday the 24th. Every time we ask him about his birthday, his response is the same: "Turn two years old and have a baby sister." So, maybe James knows something we don't know. Maybe Baby Sister will come on Big Brother's birthday. We'll see.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Lookin' good! That's great that you're not too anxious. I never got to that point, and I think that's good. So many ladies make themselves miserable waiting.

So excited to see little sister! Hope all goes well!

Amanda said...

So are you seriously going to make use of the extra time that you have on those swaddle blankets? :) That's what I thought. Good luck with everything! Can't wait to meet her!

kachers said...

and you still look great! i love it! my sister was born one day before my 2nd birthday - we'll keep checking back for an update!! GOOD LUCK!!

Beth said...

You really are such a cute pregnant lady. Can't wait for the little lady to show up so we can all adore her.

Bruce and Liss said...

I'm getting so excited for you! And you still look great for 39 weeks.....sheeeesh, you could stay pregnant for a little while longer and at least get to the point that you look 'due tomorrow!' Can't wait to see some pics of the little beauty!!!