Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Kate: 5 Months

She's starting to drool. Teething or just baby? I hope just baby. I'm fine with late teething.


This is the other skirt Amanda made for Kate. She made it from one of her old shirts. We love having a part of her with us. :) I love how the layers curled up at the edges after I washed it. So cute!


This little girl has been trying to figure out crawling for a couple weeks now. Seriously?! She's growing up too fast. She mostly gets up on all fours and hops her legs forward. It's pretty amusing.


Love this face!






Yep. We have another finger sucker. James sucks his thumb. We tried to get Kate to take a pacifier, but failed. She prefers her fingers.

Currently, Kate is working on crawling and sitting up. She loves to be tossed into the air (moderate heights of course). She loves all people. I don't have to worry about handing her to someone she's never met before, she loves everyone. Funny though, she typically won't look at you while you hold her. If you're holding her, she looks everywhere, but at your face. As soon as you put her down, she will lock onto you as if to say, please pick me up. But, then she promptly ignores you in favor of the greener grass elsewhere. I think she must just like the vantage point she's given to view the world when she's being held. She must not want to miss out on anything. She is a very happy little girl. She absolutely adores James and her daddy. She always lights up when Jordan comes into view. She has also become quite a talker. I love her stories. :)

I forgot to mention that we learned she has a milk allergy when she turned 4 months. So, we (she and I) have been off milk. I do so love milk, but I'm learning how to survive and cook without it. (We're kind of used to this though since Jordan is sensitive to milk as well, but the difference is that I have to be completely restricted!) If anyone has any non-dairy recipes that you fancy, please pass them on. The doctor tells me that there is a good chance she will be milk allergy free by the time she's a toddler. Here's hopin'!

Here's a picture with James. I'll post an all around update soon. James is sure growing up. He's such a good helper. He loves Kate. He always wants to sit on this chair with Kate when he wakes up in the morning and from his nap. He likes to cuddle her and give her loves.

And yes...I cut my hair. I also got new glasses, but they will have to be revealed at a later time. (I stepped on my old glasses while in Utah; I needed a new prescription and new glasses anyway though).

5 comments:

Kate said...

That little girl is BEAUTIFUL! I miss you guys tons!

I would love to hear some James stories! I miss that kid!

Your hair looks darling! SO CUTE!!!

Take Care! Did I mention that I miss your guts?!?!?!:)

Amanda said...

Kate is so beautiful! And so grown up! So are you and your sassy short hair :) I'm glad the skirt is working out for you, I love the rolly edges too. I miss you so much! Someday we need to be neighbors! Seriously.

Bruce and Liss said...

LOVE Kate's little face! Your kids are sooo cute! And I like the hair cut too....but, common reveal the new glasses Tash!

Jessica said...

HOW is she old enough to be crawling already?? And I love the new haircut!

Tiffani and Nate said...

Aww she's so cute! Love those big ol' cheeks!!